Taking the pulse of our market villages
You can find regional specialities there and much, much more! Because a market is the beating heart of a town or village… So, stock up on fresh local products and enjoy the friendly, authentic atmosphere!
Tuesday to Sunday, there’s always a market!
Market gardeners, fishmongers, oyster farmers, poultry farmers, butchers, producers of honey and other sweet treats…
- Saint-Louis Market: Tuesdays and Fridays, 7 am to 1 pm, Place du 11 Novembre / Cours Reverseaux. Outdoor market.
- Saint-Pierre Market: Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7 am to 1 pm, Place Saint-Pierre. Indoor and outdoor market.
- Saint-Pallais Market: Thursdays and Sundays, 7 am to 1 pm, intersection of Avenue Gambetta & Avenue de la Marne. Outdoor market.
- Bellevue Market: Thursdays, 7 am to 1 pm, Place des Câtives, Bellevue District. Outdoor market.
- Beurlay: Wednesday mornings
- Burie: Thursday mornings
- Chaniers: Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Corme-Royal: Thursday mornings with a bigger fair the last Thursday of the month
- Gémozac: Friday mornings with a bigger fair the third Friday of the month
- Le Seure : Friday from 5 to 8 pm
- Meursac: Saturday mornings
- Nancras: Wednesday mornings
- Pessines: Friday mornings
- Pisany: Friday mornings
- Port-d’Envaux: Thursday mornings
- Pont-l’Abbé-d’Arnoult: Friday mornings with a bigger fair the third Monday morning of the month
- Rioux: Thursday mornings
- Saint-André-de-Lidon: Sunday mornings
- Saint-Georges-des-Coteaux: Wednesday mornings
- Saint-Porchaire: Wednesday and Sunday mornings with a bigger fair the third Wednesday of the month
- Saint-Césaire : 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month.
Farmers’ market at the Bégaud Farm
The village of Villars-les-Bois and the Arts-Terre association hold a local farmers’ market on the first and third Fridays of each month. The farmers are chosen for the quality of their products grown through peasant, conventional, organic, permaculture or high environmental value farming.
Farmers’ Market says: Wear your boots to the farm!
The Saintes monthly fair: A colourful tradition
The tradition of big fairs is still alive and well in Saintes and several of the neighbouring communities. These fairs are unique events you don’t want to miss, when the streets in the town centre are taken over by stallholders and peddlers selling clothes, fabric, kitchen utensils, music, books and more.
In Saintes, the fair always takes place on the first Monday of the month, on Cours National, Avenue Gambetta, Rue du jardin public and Esplanade du 8 mai 1945. All day long.